28 March 2011

Serial Killers

I'm spoiling you guys. Two posts in one day? Yes, you are just that awesome. And why am I writting another post today? Because this wonderful blogger is a freak and loves serial killers.

Wait... Are you serious? You're obsessed with serial killers?! I find them incredibly fascinating. I mean, how could you just go around killing random people? How cold do you have to be to actually do something like that? In some sick way, I can understand crime of passion. You know, killing someone in a fight because it just got wicked heated. That, yeah it's still wrong, but I can kind of understand it. But massive amounts of murders because you just like killing? That's fucked up. My mind simply cannot wrap itself around how a human being could do that.


Take my favorite shows, CSI, Bones, Criminal Minds, Law&Order SVU. I have others, but these are the ones that fit. XD All about murder, or at least most episodes are, and why do I watch? Because I want to understand how their minds work. I hang onto the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. Why is he killing people?! I can sit here and mastermind a whole plan of killing someone I hate, but when it comes down to it, I wouldn't have the stomach for it. Most people don't.


Here's some serial killer fun facts:
Serial killers tend to be white, heterosexual males in their twenties and thirties who are sexually dysfunctional and have low self-esteem. Their methodical rampages are almost always sexual in nature. Their killings are usually part of an elaborate fantasy that builds to a climax at the moment of their murderous outburst. Serial killers generally murder strangers with cooling off periods between each crime. Many enjoy cannibalism, necrophilia and keep trophy-like body parts as mementos of their work. Serial killers are sadistic in nature. Some return to crime scenes or grave sites of their victims to fantasize about their deeds. Many like to insert themselves in the investigation of their crimes and some enjoy taunting authorities with letters or carefully placed pieces of evidence.
Serial killers tend to prey on women and children of their same race. Prostitutes, drifters and hitchhikers are their victims of choice. Some homosexual killers enjoy hunting young boys and gay men. Female serial killers tend to be "black widows" who kill a succession of husbands, lovers, or other family members. They can also be nurses or other medical professionals who become self-appointed "angels of death" murdering babies, elderly, or the desperately ill in a misguided effort to relieve their suffering. Most serial killers grew up in violent households. As youngsters they enjoyed torturing animals, setting fires and were chronic bed-wetters. As adults, many serial have some type of brain damage and are addicted to alcohol and/or drugs. Internet Crime Archives


So with that, I'm making this serial killer week. Each night, maybe every other night, I'm going to post about a different infamous serial killer. Some are quite well known and the name may make you shudder. Others, I might be introducing you to for the first time. Tomorrow we'll start with the one that started this rant: Hannibal Lecter. Yes, he's fictional but he was based on real killer and is the spawn of four books turned movies. I've been having lots of Hannibal Lecter movie marathons lately, yes I'm a freak.

Stay tuned my lovies, this is going to get interesting. 

No comments: