16 December 2010

I Love You Richie Rich!

My lack of posts lately has been because I was away for a Christmasy family getaway to the mountains. It put me in the best Christmas spirit and I sang carols to my family's dismay. Apparently it's an embarassment to be seen with a 21year old girl in a Ravenclaw hat singing Christmas Carols, who knew? It's just everything was decorated up the bum for the holiday and snow was everywhere, it was beautiful. And that's saying something coming from me, I hate snow with a burning passion. We went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina, which is apparently the largest home in the States. I'm talking 8700 acres of land and 4 acres of floor space within the house. Dude wanted a long driveway and got one, 3miles long. He had a pond, lagoon, river, tons of gardens, a farm, and winery. Wine tastings by the way are awesome, my first ever! At least the property was donated and made into the first national park.
Oh, tons of movies have been filmed there, too. Let's talk about Richie Rich. Remember his huge house? That completely awesome one with the large rooms and massive front yard with the cool fountains? Yeah, that was the Biltmore house. I was in Richie's house, go ahead be jealous. I would be. I loved that movie growing up and it blew my world when I was told it was the same house.





Recognize that guy? Think hideously disfigured due to one well known cannibalistic serial killer. Hannibal, remember that movie? The last in the Hannibal Lector series. This guy was Lector's surviving victim and kind of held a huge grudge against him. Anyways, his home was also the Biltmore House. It took me forever to figure it out. Someone said the most recent movie filmed on the estate was Hannibal and I just couldn't place it. Took me about half an hour before it clicked, I was pretty damn pround of myself.

So Merry Christmas everyone! I'll be back tomorrow with something a bit more substantial and rantish. I'll leave you with this little gem to tide you over until them! Love you mucho.
Brother and I

No comments: