03 December 2010

The Tales and Trials of Womanhood

When the only thing you want to wear is head to toe sweats, you might be hormonal. When the only thing you can make yourself do is cuddle in blankets in front of the tv, you might be hormonal. When all you want to drink is highly sweetened hot beverages, you might be hormonal. When all you want to eat is pretty much anything in sight, you might be hormonal. Sometimes being a woman, really sucks. When every other thing about me screams child, you think my body would comply. I act like a child, my body should as well.

I cancelled my interview this morning mainly because I couldn't bring myself to go to it. I figured writhing in pain was bad for a job interview. I know it's only uphill from here but I hope it doesn't take too long. Wrapping myself in warm blankets with junk food sounds like pretty much the best in the entire world right now.

I'm counting down the days until class begins and now that I have a friend joining me, it'll be even better. I'm ready for a good career where I can make bank and go off on my own. I'm getting a little tired of the living with mommy thing and want my own place. I'm old enough to make my own decisions and I shouldn't have to run it past someone first. And goddamn it, I want to have a drink in my own house without having to hide it in my bedroom. I want to be able to come home and have a cold drink. Cold because it's been in my fridge and not in my closet. It was one thing to hide my drinking when I was underage but I'm legal now, it's rediculous to have to hide it now.

No comments: